Josh&Andrea&Tyler Seoul, South Korea

Our Baby #3, Tyler

May 24, 2017

2017/05/09 11:06 am 3.48kg Tyler Lee (40 weeks 3 days)

After a long wait, Tyler finally arrived on the day all Koreans went out to vote for the new President. My contractions started at 5:30am. I felt like I really had to go to the hospital around 8:30am so I took a shower, ate breakfast and headed to the hospital around 9:10am.

When we arrived, a “family delivery room” was available so Kaden and I went into that room. In Korea, there are different kinds of deliveries and the most common is the one where they ask the husband to step outside during the actual delivery and then come back in for the cutting of the umbilical cord. The “family delivery” is like the normal delivery of North America where the husband just stays through the whole delivery process.

When I arrived and changed, got the monitors hooked on me, it was about 9:40am and for some reason, my contractions weren’t getting stronger while lying on the bed. So the nurse gave me a yoga ball to sit and bounce on for a while. I sat on it for about 40 minutes and the contractions got really strong. I felt like I was going to go to Hell’s gate and give Satan a high five, and that’s when I knew it was time. I asked Kaden to call the nurse, she came in and said it was time so another nurse brought in a table and clothes, then they called my doctor. Two, three pushes later, Tyler was on my belly, Kaden was cutting the umbilical cord and I could hear Tyler crying, loud and clear.

It’s amazing how painful “giving birth” is but more amazing how you forget that pain as soon as you see this. This little amazing little breath of LIFE.

Tyler looked kind of like Andrea when she was first born. But also looked like Josh when he was first born too.

I was sick at the time of giving birth so I had to have Tyler stay in the “baby room”. I would go and see him when they called me to come down and breastfeed him.

Although I had to wear a mask and have a candy in my mouth so that I wouldn’t cough, I got to hold this little tiny soul and breastfeed him every 3 hours.

Tyler and I are both doing fine, although breastfeeding is a pain in the A##, we’re doing ok and getting better every day.

It’s weird how you think that it’s going to be the same as last time but it never is. It’s always different, every time you give birth and every time you breastfeed your little ones. It’s never the same. However, we’re getting through it and we’re doing our best! Hopefully, things will settle in and we’ll be able to get on a steady timetable in a week or two (this waking up every two hours to breastfeed and changing diapers is making my emotions just hit the roller coaster).

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Leave a Reply