Ok, so, you know how I love to cook right?
This is my one and only KIMCHI FRIED RICE RECIPE that you will EVER need to know. Seriously, you CANNOT fail with this one.
You can add other ingredients to this recipe if you want and customize. Just follow the basic guideline of my recipe and just add more to it.
(This is for two people)
- 1 Table spoon of butter
- 3 scoops of cooked rice or 2 cups of cooked rice.
- 1 table spoon of sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped up fully ripe kimchi (this means that its not the kimchi that has just been made but its been a while and has been preserved for more than a week).
- 1/2 cup of chopped up ham or SPAM or beef or chicken or whatever kind of meat you like.
- 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar.
- Any other veggies chopped up. I usually put spring onions, onions, carrots and even some flying fish roe (tobiko??) in it as well.
- On medium/high heat (which is about 7 on the dial) put the butter and oil into your frying pan and let the butter melt all the way.
- Once the butter has melted, add your hcopped kimchi and meat. Cook this evenly until the kimchi starts to become slightly translucent.
- When the kimchi looks like it has that clear (clear as in see through) shine to it, add your other veggies that you’ve chopped up and fish roe if you have some.
- After about two minutes, add the sugar and mix well.
- Stir fry for another three minutes and add your COLD FULLY COOKED RICE (I say cold rice because if the rice is warm, the fried rice will stick to each other more and it will look more like a big fat lump of rice instead of having that fluffy fried rice look).
- Bring the heat down to low (about 3 on the dial) and mix well.
- DO NOT MIX AND PUSH DOWN ONTO THE RICE. You want to make sure you don’t have a whole lot of pressure in your hands or else the rice will just lump up and stick together.
- After about two minutes, turn the heat off, serve with a fried egg on top or any other garnish that you like.